Full-Time, Youth Services
- $27.71 – $33.69/hour; $4,803.77 – $5,839.01/month
Three Children’s Librarians and one Teen Librarian positions are open.
Supplemental Questions required.
CLOSING DATE: September 19th, 2022, 5PM PT.
The eligible list established from this recruitment will be used to fill full-time and part-time regular, limited term, or extra-help positions as vacancies occur or the need arises.
The Librarian (Entry) is the entry-level position of the Librarian series. The Librarian (Entry) provides general library services encompassing reference, reader advisory, and library materials selection activities to meet the general information needs of the public.
Depending upon assignment, duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Advise and assist library customers; respond to reference questions; demonstrate the use of on-line library catalogs, databases, digital resources and other resources.
- Create, promote, implement and evaluate library programs for youths and adults; conduct tours and classes.
- Serve as a selector of library materials; and oversee the development as well as deaccessioning of titles in the assigned area(s).
- Develop contacts and relationships with and conduct outreach to community groups and schools.
- Market the library’s collection; write articles and program announcements for the library’s publications; assist with social media.
- Prepare reports and other written communication; maintain statistics.
Experience: No experience required.
Education/Training: Possession of a Master’s Degree in Library Science from an accredited college or university is required. *Please see document submittal requirements.*
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
The County of Solano is recruiting several full-time entry-level librarians; some of these positions will focus on children’s services and some will focus on young adult / teen services. The County may also establish an eligibility list for future vacancies.
The County seeks librarians who are passionate about providing services to children and families using traditional and forward-thinking approaches. For young adult / teen services, the County seeks entry-level Librarians who will expand engagement with tweens and teens through programs and events that are meaningful and enriching to this group who may be hard to reach.
The ability to work with individuals and communities of diverse backgrounds and develop successful partnerships with outside agencies are desirable skills for all top candidates. Additionally, strong candidates will be flexible and adaptable to competing demands on their time and adept at working with library users of all ages. Preference may be given to English-Spanish bilingual candidates.
- Possession of or ability to obtain a valid Class C California driver’s license may be required for some positions.
- Some positions allocated to this class may require bilingual skills.
- Independent travel may be required.
To view the job description for this position, please visit: