Contributor: Andrea Mullarkey
Description: Participants will make and take a one-of-a-kind candle holder.
- Candle Holders ($1 each or 2/$1 at the dollar store)
- Tissue Paper ($1/pack at the dollar store)
- Modpodge ($6/jar)
- Paint Brushes
Number of People: 5-25
Target Audience: All Ages
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Program Time: 45 Minutes
- Paint a thin, even layer of ModPodge onto the candle holder.
- Cut out squares or shapes from the tissue paper and layer over the ModPodge.
- Add another layer of ModPodge over the top of the tissue to seal on the design.
- Repeat Step 2 and 3 with more shapes and colors until the candle holder is covered. If there are any areas that are not covered with tissue paper, paint them over with ModPodge anyway to ensure an even texture.
- Allow to dry.
- (Optional): Seal with clear acrylic sealer to ensure it is fully water-tight.
- Add a candle and enjoy!
Source: Got the idea from Jack Baur, Berkeley Librarian 🙂