Contributor: Sarah LaTorra
Description: This program allows teens to be creative with candy.
Supplies: Plates, Plastic Knives, and Assortment of Candy
Recommended Candy: Jelly Belly, Swedish Fish, Sour Gummy Warms, Nerds, Rice Krispy Treats, Fruit by the Foot (3 boxes of 6), Cherry Licorice (ropes), & Marshmallows.
Number of People: 15 Participants
Target Audience: Teens
Estimated Cost: $25.00 (plates and knives were not included in the cost)
Prep Time: 5-10 minutes
Program Time: 30 minutes – 1 hour
- All supplies purchased at Target.
- Cut pre-made rice krispy treats into thirds.
- Give teens a plate with marshmallows and rice krispy treats for base of sushi design.
- Give each teen a fruit by the foot roll.
- Distribute supplies evenly throughout table or set in bowls for teens to share.
- Show teens how to create a simple sushi.
- Allow teens to create sushi as desired.
Labels: candy, crafts, food, low-cost