Tuesday, November 17th, 9am-12pm on Zoom
Non-members wanting to attend can email (klmandalay @ gmail.com) to request a link.
BAYA Business: Topic & Officer Elections
We will discuss topics of interest for our 2021 meeting schedule and elect new officers. Open Officer Positions are: Secretary, Book Review Editor, President-Elect 2020, Vice-President-Elect 2022, and an additional Web Team Member.
Officer Position Descriptions
- President-Elect 2022: This person would work side-by-side with the current Leadership Board and take over the presidency in 2022.
- Vice-President Elect 2022: This person would work side-by-side with the current Leadership Board and take over the vice-presidency in 2022.
- Secretary 2021: This person takes the minutes for each meeting and types them up with full details for the Web Team to upload to our website.
- Book Review Editor 2021: This person oversees the transportation for all current book review titles, sends out reminders, edits reviews, and prepares them for the website. Special considerations when deciding whether to take this role:
- Requires a fair bit of lifting/driving/schlepping OR coordination with inter-library delivery folks (whichever is less painful for you)
- Requires approximately 3-4 hours of work per month (in addition to BAYA meetings).
- Additional Web Team Member 2021: Work with current Web Team to take on specific roles with regards to BAYA.org (WordPress), BAYA’s presence on Social Media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn), and GoodReads.
- BAYA.org: Create posts based on content created by BAYA members (ie. Programming Ideas, Book Reviews, Job Postings, etc.) and support promotion of affiliated groups (ie. CLA’s YSIG).
- Social Media: Based on BAYA.org posts, create Social Media posts for the above platforms utilizing hashtags and images to promote BAYA.
- GoodReads: Update the BAYA GoodReads account with book reviews provided by the Book Review Editor.
- Familiarity with the above Social Media platforms is requested. No familiarity with WordPress required. Enthusiasm and a willingness to step up to requests when they come through is highly encouraged.