Every BAYA meeting starts with a share out about programs and book reviews. Here is a quick list of What We’re Reading from the November 2019 meeting.
- Angel Mage by Garth Nix: Really good, stand alone, with a fetching cover.
- Juliet Takes a Breath by Gabby Rivera: Strong language is repeated through the book, but it is really good and there aren’t a lot of books like it. The story itself is a good one for teen collection.
- Serpent and Dove by Shelby Mahurin: Really good debut novel.
- Lovely War by Julie Berry: Great as an audio book. There are several narrators and good music.
- I Need You To Tell Me Everything by Nathan Langston: A self-published memoir of a person’s sexual abuse. Talks a lot about trauma, how it works, and structural effects of trauma. It is really accessible for readers, free online, and there is a Facebook Group Community about the book. Website: TellEverything.art
- Tricks by Ellen Hopkins: Great backstory to show the journey of how teens have ended up where they are.
Want to know what more we talked about at our meeting? Check out the Meetings Archive, above, in Meetings & Minutes.