Contributor: Carla Avitabile
Description: Make Pop Guns
- 1/2″ Dowels (2 pop guns out of a 3′ dowel or for 3 pop guns out of a 4′ dowel)
- 1/2″ PVC Pipe (5 pop guns for each 10′ piece of pipe)
- 1 Roll Duct Tape
- Dry Wall Screws (one per pop gun)
- 1 Roll Strong String
- 1 Styrofoam Meat Packing Tray OR 1 Bicycle Inner Tube OR Corks OR Closed Cell Styrofoam (the kind they use for insulation in houses)
- Hack Saws (I purchased 2 and borrowed from staff)
- Philips Head Screwdrivers (I borrowed from staff)
Number of People: 5-25
Target Audience: Younger Teen
Prep Time: The only real prep time is shopping, unless you don’t trust your teens with a hack saw, in that case you will need to spend about 1 hour cutting dowels and PVC pipe.
Program Time: 1.5 hours (assuming teens will be doing the cutting)
Instructions: Here is the link to the Air Rocket instructions with diagrams! I got my instructions from an amazing website Science Toy Maker created by Science Teacher extraordinaire Slater Harrison. This is a great resource from an extremely supportive science (now retired I think) teacher. He really will answer your questions.
Website: For more cool projects go to Science Toy Maker